Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Headhunter

Headhunter by hbmike2000
Headhunter, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

It came from behind me. First a tap on my shoulder followed by a 'Psst, Hey Buddy'. I turned around and saw no one but an ugly wooden face hanging on a fence. As I was pulling splinters from my shoulder, it came again, 'Psst, You there'. I looked up and saw the ugly wooden face staring at me.

'You need a job?' it asked me. 'I do not' I told it.
'You need a job!' it told me.
'I do not?' I asked it.

It stared at me unblinking with its wooden eyes, 'you pay me $5 and I get you a job'. Bewildered, I asked it what kind of job I was gonna get for $5.

Hooker
Erm, no
Housewife
Too much work and I don't have the boobs.
Cat Burglar
I have enough cats and don't need anymore.

He shook his head and lowered his eyes as if he was the one talking to an ugly wooden face hanging on a fence. Suddenly his eyes popped open and he exclaimed 'AHA, Set Decorator!'

I began to say no when he cut me off, 'shut up young dumb one', he says, 'pay me $5, it is settled'. So I reached into my pocket and pulled out 5 rolls of pennies and handed them over. With that, he cut off my head, threw it across the walkway and yelled 'you decorate that fence way over there!'

Best $5 in pennies I ever spent

View on black or I'll let the Headhunter find you a job

HFF

No comments:

Post a Comment