Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

But The Nice Lady Said ' Watch Your Step '

I saw the big wheel at the otherside of the park and knew right away I wanted to ride it to the top and take pictures from the sky. I held my camera tight and started to run to my destination of inspiration. After two feet, I was hot, tired and gasping for breath.

A couple hours later, I was able to finish my journey to the great wheel and stood in line giddy with anticipation of the shots I would get at the top. I took a couple of shots from the ground, three to be exact, to make sure I had the settings on the camera the way I wanted them. I heard a voice say 'Watch Your Step Please' so I looked down as I went to enter the gondola and smacked my head on the top of the door. The same voice sounded again and asked if I was alright. I nodded through the stars orbiting my head.

A different voice from behind me piped in with 'Didn't you see the sign that said Lower Your Head?" I turned and saw a six year old girl staring at me indignantly as she texted on her phone with one hand, read a map with the other hand and was tap dancing all while chewing gum at the same time. I rolled my eyes at her and said, Of course not, silly. How could I? The signs up high and I was watching my feet like the nice lady told me to do, so Thpppppptttttttttt!!!!!

That's when the big brute of a dad looked down at me asked if I just stuck my tongue out at his daughter. It's also why this photo is NOT from the top of the big wheel in the sky.

View On Black or Big Brute Dad will come visit you!

112 Pictures in 2012: Overhead

No comments:

Post a Comment