Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Oh Oh Oh! I'm Photo Art.

Oh Oh Oh!  I'm Photo Art. by hbmike2000
Oh Oh Oh! I'm Photo Art., a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

YEAH! I'm art!!! No, not my name. Thats Mike. I mean I'm "Art"! No no no. I mean I'm ... oh never mind.

View on black. How can you pass up a face like that? (Don't answer that)

Our Daily Challenge: Artwork/PhotoArt

--------------------------------------------------

1. 7 shot HDR with exposure 1 apart. I usually do 7 shots to get a more realistic look. I screw up the realistic look in post processing later. :)

2. I used Nik's HDR Effex Pro. I used the Granny's Attic pre set. ( I will slap you) Granny's Attic gives it that awsome 1940's feel. It's my favorite. In this case though, I moved the saturation to 50% up to really over saturate the blue sky.

3. I used the control points on the lens of the glasses to bring up the structure 100%.

4. I used the control points again on my cheeks and brought the method down because sometimes HDR makes shadows too harsh. in this case, the shadows were not smooth, they were blocky. By bringing down the method on my cheeks it smoothed the shadows back out.

5. Saved and brought up in Lightroom.

6. Took vibrance to 50% but this made me look orangy/yellow. So I desaturated only the orange and yellow till I no longer looked like I had a spray on tan.

Too get the painting feel. I took clarity up to 100%, Noise reduction (luminance) up to 100% but then knocked details down to 2%.

If you are interested in trying out HDR, Niks has a great program called HDR Effex PRo. It's a lot of fun. You can get a 15 day free trial of it here.
www.niksoftware.com/hdrefexpro/usa/entry.php

No comments:

Post a Comment