Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Paddling On

Paddling On by hbmike2000
Paddling On, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

Look over in the tags. See that word over there. The one spelled C A N D I D? You betcha I did! My first INTENTIONAL candid shot of a total stranger. One that could beat me up too!

We went down to Balboa Island today and I put on my 75mm - 300mm lens and zoomed that puppy out with the intentions of takin me a candid shot! And when the 400th opportunity arose, I weighed my options.
1. He's in the middle of the bay and would have to paddle over to shore..
2. The small beach is full of 100's of little crabs he would have to tip toe through
3. He'd have to scale a retaining wall.

Oh heck, I'd be half way to the car before he got to where I was standing.

Snap snap snap. Then I looked down at my camera. My eyes bulged two inches out, my hair stood up (it's alright, to short to really notice anyway) and I screamed. He looked. I ran.

Good thing that first shot came out.

View in Black or I will throw you in the bay

Our Daily Challenge: Stopped Motion

No comments:

Post a Comment