Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Slurp! Pardon Me

Slurp!  Pardon Me by hbmike2000
Slurp! Pardon Me, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

Behind the fence at Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Mater and I sat and had some drinks. He slurped, belched and excused himself as we talked about old times together.

One Thanksgiving, the whole family sat around the dinner table. Mom, dad, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, grandma and some strange kid no one could account for. As we finished the 'this wont all fit on my plate at once' meal, grandma let out a belch the neighbors probably heard. Her eyes wide, unblinking, stared straight ahead knowing everyone was looking right at her. Her hand went up and flipped her blue hair out of her face and with grandeur and grace politely said, "when I grew up on the East Coast, one always belched after a meal to show they thought it was delicious".

Well, I thought to myself, two can play this game. In my chair at the dinner table with mom, dad, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, grandma and some strange kid no one could account for, I raised my left butt cheek off the chair and let out a roar the neighbors probably heard. I looked grandma straight in the eyes and exclaimed, "Grandma, thats how we do it on the WEST Coast!"

View on black or I'm moving in next door.

HFF

No comments:

Post a Comment