Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

A Brief History Of Time

A Brief History Of Time by hbmike2000
A Brief History Of Time, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

That describes a photograph to me. A brief history in time.

A photo doesn't show you everything. Pieces are missing. You see a father having the time of his life play steering a car. You don't see the young boy next to him obscured by a piece of fiberglass taller than he is incharge of the gas pedal. You don't feel the exitement of the people in the car I am in as we speed down the track neck and neck in a race to the finish. You don't here the mom in the back hollering to her son to 'step on the gas' as we inch closer and closer to taking the lead. And you didn't get to see the smile on the face of the son as he got off the ride, jumping up and down yelling 'We Won Dad, We Won!'

For you, you see only what I captured with the camera. For me, when I see this photo, I will always see what I described to you above. I do with every photo I have ever taken, the good ones and the bad ones. I remember all the stuff surrounding the one moment I captured.

This is why I take photos. It's my drive you might say.

View on black or I'll snap an embarassing moment of you and post it on Flickr (and you thought you were gonna get through a whole post with no snide remarks from me. Phooey)

Our Daily Challenge: Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment