Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Driving Along In My Automobile

I love driving through the California desert. The vast openness surrounded by mountains off in the far distance. The unique plant and animal life. The miles and miles of barbed wire fence along the highway.

Huh? Why would there be barbed wire fence along the highway? Of course I had to find out.

I skidded my car to a stop on the side of a lonely stretch of road. Hopped out, climbed the barbed wire fence, ripped my pants, fell on the other side, got up and some desert squirrel showed up out of nowhere and slapped me then disappeared. I decided to try further down the road.

I am came to another lonely stretch of road, skidded to a stop, climbed the barbed wire fence, ripped my shirt, fell on a cactus on the otherside, got up and a roadrunner showed up out of nowhere and slapped the crud out of me then disappeared. I decided to try something different.

I drove further down the lonely stretch of road, skidded to a stop, hopped out, chucked my friend over the barbed wire fence and waited. Nothing. I decided it was safe. So I climbed the barbed wire fence, snagged my shoe, fell and there I was hanging upside down by my shoe, next to my friend when a coyote popped out of nowhere and slapped the poo out of me and disappeared.

So apparently California has spent millions of dollars to put up barbed wire fence along the highways to keep the wild life from slapping me silly.

View on black or I'll send the california desert wildlife to your door to slap you

HFF

No comments:

Post a Comment