Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Pardon Me, Do You Know Where Route 66 Is?

My heart raced faster and sweat began to soak me. I stood there in the hot sun, petrified. My destination ahead of me only a few yards away.

I took a step forward.

I could feel the cold terror of panick begininng to take over. A few more steps and I would be closer still. Breathing began to get difficult.

I took a step forward.

My feet felt made of led and the world began to spin madly around me as I approached the door.

I took a step forward.

I was in the door. Standing, staring at my feet, I was afraid to look up hoping no one would notice me, then I would run back to my car across the lot and pretend none of this ever happened. But it did. A voice came out of the darkness, Can I help you?

Then, in a loud non stop babbling voice I replied ...

DO YOU KNOW WHERE ROUTE 66 IS MY OTHER HALF SEEMS TO THINK WE ARE LOST BUT I KNOW WHERE I AM GOING BUT THEY MADE ME COME AND ASK ANYWAY EVEN THOUGH I KNOW WE ARE GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION SO IF YOU KNOW WHERE ROUTE 66 IS COULD YOU JUST TELL ME SO I CAN SAY I WAS RIGHT AND .... wheres the restroom?

View on black or I'll make you ask for directions

HFF

No comments:

Post a Comment