Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Beauty Can Be A Beast

Beauty Can Be A Beast by hbmike2000
Beauty Can Be A Beast, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

All I wanted was a photo of the Carthay Circle Fountain on Buena Vista Street. As I knelt down to get a nice low angle, I raised my camera and noticed a red rose blocking my view. Easy fix. I reached out and plucked a petal off the flower.

As I plucked the second petal off the view blocking rose, a book hit me in the back of the head. I rose to my feet and turned around to find some women wearing a big yellow ballroom dress standing on the balcony of the Carthay Theater yelling at me, DON'T YOU TOUCH THAT ROSE!!! DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH THAT ROSE!!! So, I did what any 40 something year old male would do, I reached out with my finger and touched the rose. Before I could duck, another book came flying down and hit me in the head.

Lady! I yelled back, if you throw another boo ... I never even saw it coming, Websters Dictionary knocked me flat on the ground.

This meant war!

I stared up at her, she glared down at me and brushed her disheveled hair out of her face. I reached my hand out to the rose, she leaned further over the rail of the balcony as our eyes locked together waiting for the first move.

As my fingers pinched down on the rose petal, she hopped the balcony rail in a swift bound and landed two stories below in a Ninja stance. It was on!

I began plucking like mad, rose petals flying all around me like a ticker tape parade as she raced towards me at break neck speed. As I reached for the last petal, I looked up. All I saw was yellow dress, messy hair and what I think were stolen Glass Slippers flying at me through the air.

I don't remember anything after that really. I awoke in the Disney Hospital with a chart at the end of my bed that just said, 'Beat up by a Princess'.

View on black or I'll throw the book at you!

Bokeh Thursday: Water

No comments:

Post a Comment