Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Film Noir of Toontown

The Film Noir of Toontown by hbmike2000
The Film Noir of Toontown, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

The day was dark and cold as I sat at my desk with my feet up, wondering how I was going to pay my bills. I hadn't had a job in months. My phone rang, startling me. I almost forgot what it sounded like it had been so long. It was Roger. He had an emergency and begged me to come to the Fire Dept right away. I played it cool and told him I would be there as soon as I finished some business. I lied but I didn't want him to know I was desperate.

I arrived an hour later and knocked on the door. Roger answered. He's a bit squirrelly, that rabbit, so I made him pay up front. I asked him what his problem was, is Jessica in trouble again? Was something stolen? Someone die? He shook his head and told me I had to see with my own eyes. He ran up the stairs two at a time, I followed. We went down the hall and entered the second door on the left. It was the bathroom. He pointed to the floor in front of the toilet. There was a tiny spider. He yelled KILL IT! I have to peeeeeeee and it wont let me past!!!

My mouth hit the ground and my eyes bugged out as I let out a big girly scream. I ran! Down the hall, down the stairs and just before I got out the door I heard him scream, Where you going? I yelled over my shoulder, Lunch!, then slammed the door as I left.

It was the first time I got paid in awhile and I was hungry.

View on black or suffer the wrath of the tiny spider!

No comments:

Post a Comment