Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Art Of Frankenweenie: Part 4

I got the priviledge to see the Art of Frankenweenie at Disney California Adventure. I went with high expectations, you know the kind that are so high your bound to be let down. Well, I wasn't let down. I was overwhelmed in fact. The main focus are these three sets, the classroom, the kitchen and the attic. Only a couple of feet wide and a couple of feet deep, the detail in these miniature sets is beyond belief.

Using traditional stop motion filming with the aid of computers, they were able to smooth out the motion of the puppets.

This is the attic set where Victor Frankenstein, inspired by his science class, brings back his dog Sparky from the dead. Even the lighting was well thought out.

To give you a better perspective of the size of this, look behind the dog Sparky and you will see the top part of a four paned window. One window pane is slightly smaller in width then the lens on my Nikon D200 camera.

View on black or I'll put you under that 1950's hair dryer for five hours.

112 Pictures in 2012: Technology

No comments:

Post a Comment