Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Waiting For The Fair

Waiting For The Fair by hbmike2000
Waiting For The Fair a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.
I love going to the Orange County fair! I wait for what seems like a year before it comes around again in July. I will be honest though, I don't do the rides. I get really motion sick and toss my cookies. Kind of redundant since I eat everything in sight till I toss my cookies anyway.

View on Black or I will post a shot of "cookies"

Our Daily Topic: Waiting

----------------------------------------------------

I processed the shot till I got the vintage look I liked. I wanted a vintage look since the challenge was waiting and I wanted to show that it seems like I wait for years. Once I got the right vintage look, I decided to play with my recent discovery of layers and textures.

Yesterday I went out and took some macro shots of a couple of different things I could use for texturing. One of them was peeling paint off of a door outside. I thought it was perfect, again to show ages of waiting. I had no clue how dramatically it would alter the image.

I've been playing with layering textures on top of images. I reversed that thinking today and layered the photo on top of texture. It made a difference. The image came out clearer. It also made the date the shot was done as yesterday instead of July 2010 when I really shot it. Yesterday was when I shot the peeling paint texture.

I still have a ways to go before being great at this but I am having fun and I don't think it turned out too bad if I say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment