Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rusty Me

Rusty Me by hbmike2000
Rusty Me a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.
I actually ended up with four or five different shots that I really loved for yesterdays challenge. Each one of those I processed a couple different ways.

I am often asked, which came first, story or the shot. Story, title, one liner, idea or whatever it is, almost always come first. I get an idea stuck in my head. Sometimes clear, sometimes fuzzy, usually lonely. Once I have the idea, I picture in my mind what I want the shot to look like to go with it. I grab my camera, run outside, turn it on, run back inside and grab the memory card, call the cat by the wrong name and get stared at and back outside again. In the process of doing this, I get new ideas and sometimes I can mix it in with what I am doing and sometimes I can not. This is a case in point. I actually like this process better than the peeling paint for the Rust/Decay challenge and like the photo better but it didn't fit what I had in my head.

Had I uploaded this instead, I would of just stared at it for 8 hours trying to figure out what to say, so I uploaded "I'm Sure I Can Blame That One On The Cat".

The texture in this is the side of a rusty boat.

Our Daily Topic: Rusty/Decay

View on Black. Well, you have to do something besides just sit there or rust will start poppin up on you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment