Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Texture of Friendship

I took advantage of not feeling well today and learned how to add textures to a photo.

I sat at the computer with a cat (why is it always the heavy one) in lap and pulled up Photoshop. As my spouse opened the door to go to work I heard, I downloaded some instructional books on Photoshop for you to read up on. I thought to myself "oh cool!"

Like a typical guy lost and refusing directions, I never opened any of the instructional books.

I went through the thousands of photos that I have taken that have never seen the light of day and pulled up some shots I thought would look good.

On the first shot I used the fiber texture on Photoshop along with clouds. Four hours later I figured it out.

Then I decided to try my own shot for a texture. I pulled up a shot of an old piece of wood and layered it in to The Texture of Friendship. Six hours later I Finally figured it out.

I sure am glad I didn't waste 30 minutes of time pulling up those instructional books that would of probably told me how to do it in minutes.

Girls, stop laughing, it's a guy thing.

View on Black for the best texturing I have ever done. (Yes, I know it's the ONLY texturing I have ever done)

No comments:

Post a Comment