Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Pinwheel of Fun

The Pinwheel of Fun by hbmike2000
The Pinwheel of Fun a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.
Sometimes, the best special effect is just a finger away.

I could not come up with anything for the challenge this morning and was running out of time so I just grabbed my camera and went outside.

First, I found a wasp building a nest under a wooden candle holder. I snuck up quietly with my small lens and edged closer and closer. Nine inches away and it turned and looked at me. I screamed and ran, arms flailing. I'm not messing with it, it knows where I live.

Then I took a bunch of shots of flowers. Hated them all. Not the flowers, my shots.

Then I turned the camera around and just snapped a couple of hand held selfies. Forgot the golden rule, never shoot a shot lookin up your nose.

I sighed, turned the camera off and started to head in. As I passed this small pinwheel I saw a tiny little bug sitting on one of the spokes. I turned the camera on and got up close (this was a harmless bug). Took a couple of shots, didn't like any of them.

So, I aimed the camera at the center of the pinwheel with the tiny little bug on the edge of the spoke, stuck my finger on the end of the opposite spoke and snapped away both my finger and the camera.

And as I heard the tiny little bug yell "WWWHHhhhheeeeeee" as it shot off into the sky like a rocket, I thought to myself, "DOH!, the spokes are folded you big dork!"

View on black or take the chance of being flung into space.

Our Daily Challenge: Folded

No comments:

Post a Comment