Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

By The Light of the Window

This is an HDR version of "A Museum Piece".

In two years time, incandescent lightbulbs will no longer be sold here. Only Compact Fluorescent and LED bulbs will be allowed. Did anyone think about the little bit of mercury in a compact fluorescent bulb. It's a tiny amount and in one bulb is no big deal. In the amount of bulbs sold today it's not a big deal. In the amount of bulbs sold in two years because it is the only thing you can buy, it might become a big deal. Don't force us to buy something and tell us we can not throw it away in the trash because it is bad for the environment. I promise you, 90% of the population is chucking it in the garbage.

PS. I do use Compact Fluorescent bulbs here. This is one of two incandescents I have left in the house. I take the dead Compact Fluorescents to Home Depot who will dispose of them properly for me for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment