Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

On The Side Of The Road


On The Side Of The Road
Originally uploaded by hbmike2000
Our Daily Challenge: On Wheels

I saw the topic for today and got really excited. On Wheels, how cool is that! So many things to shoot and so little time. So I hopped in my car and drove around the back yard.

After driving about 20 miles or so, I started to get disappointed, no inspiration. Just as I was ready to turn around and start heading back to the patio door, I spotted this abandoned car on the side of the road with a weed growing out of the engine.

I slammed on the breaks and skidded to a stop! I found my shot

-------------------------------------------------

Seriously, I had a blast today. Everything in this scene is set up. The weed in the engine block is the tip of a Popcorn plant (yes, thats the name of it, no it doesn't grow popcorn) The fence I've had forever. The dead trees in the background are dead blooms. Even the rock and fallen log (the stick) I placed where I wanted. I even made a dry river bed out of the little rocks you find on top of the soil in a potted plant (part of it is in the lower left).

The scene I set up actually is quite bigger than what was photographed. I do that on purpose even if it's not going to be in the shot. That way I can move around and shoot from different angles and I'm still in the set. Also, it inspires me.

Really super cool on black! Go ahead, hit the L Button, it wont hurt a bit

PS. if someone knows how to add a picture to the comments without posting into the photostream could they send me an email. I sometimes have outtakes that are cool but don't want them in the photostream.
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment