Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Guardian


Guardian
Originally uploaded by hbmike2000
Our Daily Challenge: Focal Point

I thought I would go to the serious side today. I our challenge was focal point.

I started with the subject. I've been looking for a chance to shoot this guy for awhile so I was really excited about this because I knew he'd be perfect for the challenge.

Then I went with the set up. I only wanted him in the shot so I put up a black background. Then I lit him from the right hand side slightly forward so he would stand out a little more. I set up my depth of field on his face. I didn't want a big difference of focus between his face and his body so I played around till I got the focus I wanted.

Last was composition. I always shool bigger than I want and crop out what I don't need. You can always go smaller but you can't add back into the image.

And that my cool friends is how I shot todays challenge. So if you don't mind, I had a big mexican meal last night and the room here has just become unbearable. So go look at the pic, I'm outta here.

View on black (hit the L button) It really makes the image stand out

No comments:

Post a Comment