Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Wheels And Son

Wheels And Son by hbmike2000
Wheels And Son, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

10 minutes from my home is the Palm Springs Air Museum and we didn't have to speed to make it in 10 minutes either, nope, uh uh, no way José, not us and I most certainly did NOT yell at the top of my lungs STEP ON THE SKINNY PEDAL, WE ONLY HAVE TWO MORE MINUTES TO GET THERE IN THE TIME FRAME!

Anyway, it's literally straight down the street and we've been wanting to stop by since it was so close and decided today we would. What a cool and awesome Museum. The people there are fantastic! We also lucked out and met this guy named Wheels. I believe he has restored this TA-4 Skyhawk (do not kill me if I got that wrong, I have the memory of a knat) It flies too, but today I think they had to change the oil or something. He had to taxi it down the runaway of the Palm Springs International Airport and he took his son with him, that's the cool and righteous dude in the co-pilot seat.

Anyway, if you are in the Palm Springs area and you get the chance to stop, do so, it's a great place and the people there are the best.

FINE! It took 11 minutes to get there! We hit a red light! So close, we were so close.

View on black or I'll have Wheels buzz your house with the restored TA-4 Skyhawk in the middle of the night

for
Our Daily Challenge: 10 Minutes From Home

PS. I kid you not, we got in the car to come home and no sooner got on Gene Autry Trail when .... wait for it ... HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE, the theme to Top Gun came on the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment