Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Dear Flickr

Dear Flickr by hbmike2000
Dear Flickr, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

Dear Flickr


Today's challenge is A WAY OUT. I find it ironic that this is the challenge for today, since I spent most of my morning thinking I really screwed up my Flickr Home Page only to find out after an hour that Flickr decided to throw me into a test group with no notice, no warning and no way to get out of it. I didn't find that out until I decided to go to the Help Forum to find someone to help me put it back. Low and behold, a thin yellow banner across the top tells me CONGRADULATIONS, I'm part of a TEST BUCKET and PLEASE CLICK HERE to leave feed back. (Yes, I left feed back, I wrote "I compare it to what my cat just did in the litter box"). I also told them they were rude and unprofessional. How are they going to get feedback, they didn't tell anyone what they were doing or where to go.

To throw someone into a TEST GROUP, not tell them, don't give them ANY instructions and don't give them a way to opt out is stupid.

The new HOME PAGE by the way is a direct rip off of TUMBLR except the photos' are half obscured by comments. So every time someone comments on a photo that I commented on or faved, it pops up as a HUGE half obscured photo on my HOME PAGE. So I have one unending column of photos that I have already commented on.

PS. I really wouldn't get this mad (and I am actually quite furious) if it was some two bit web site. But I love Flickr and apparently NO ONE is monitoring the Help Forums feed back because my comment about the cat box is quite frankly, one of the nicer ones and the moderator has made one inane response and left the rest of us hanging.

Here's the link to the forum if you were chosen and haven't figured it out yet
www.flickr.com/groups/2168715@N25/discuss/72157633443612586/

YOOHOO! YVONNE! SKIP DOWN HERE FIRST PLEASE. :)

This was supposed to be a photo of my Pool for A WAY OUT of the heat since we are getting back to the triple digit heat again. Apparently I got off track just a TAD bit. :)

View on black. Or don't. Flickr is unusable for me at the moment, so I'll never really know anyway

for
Our Daily Challenge: A Way Out (are you paying attention Flickr?? In case you put something up full of clichés or just crud)

No comments:

Post a Comment