Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Viva Le Revolution

Viva Le Revolution by hbmike2000
Viva Le Revolution, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

One day just after New Years, I was taking a break at work with a friend. He turned to me and said, Whats your resolution? With a quick pump of my fist into the air I yelled, Down with the rich and no new taxes!!! He starred at me blankly and shook his head. Not REVOLUTION (insert bad name here), RESOLUTION. Oh, I said. You mean that thing I make at midnight on New Years and promptly break by 12:05? He said, that is the one. I didn't make one I told him. You have to he says to me. Fine, I resolve to drink more this year. He pointed out I only had about 4 beers total for 2011. I corrected him, I had 6. Too easy he says. Fine, I'll smoke more than. He shakes his head, I don't think you are getting the point of this, besides, do you know how much cigarettes cost? He got me on that one. Fine, I wont fart then. He looked at me with squinty eyes, did you just fart after you said that. A yep. Look, if people want to change something I say, then they should change, not make a resolution because they have to. In fact, I AM starting a revolution. A revolution against no new Resolutions. You with me, I ask? By the way I ask him, whats your resolution? He says to eat better. I asked if I could have the rest of the Snickers Bar he was eating. He said no. Fine by me, then I am staying with my revolution against resolutions. DOWN WITH RESOLUTIONS, I yell! He looks at me, so no resolution then? I shake my head, nope. I am just going to be me all year, not going to change a thing. So, he says, you resolve to just be you this year. Yep, I reply. Nice Resolution you got there he says.
Dang it.

View on black or no Duff Beer and candy Cigarettes for you!

Our Daily Challenge: Resolution

No comments:

Post a Comment