Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Husband Number Two

Husband Number Two by hbmike2000
Husband Number Two, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

I awoke mid morning in a strange room. My booze addled brain racing to remember how I got here. I remembered a phone call late in the afternoon the prior day. It was The Bride. It was all coming back now. I was in a cheap motel in the middle of nowhere. The Bride had called to hire me to find here second husband. I took the job. She had it rough, her first husband Big Al was murdered with an ax just a month before and now her second husband had gone missing. I drove all night, stopped at a sleazy motel with a bar and passed out. Now, I showered and shaved and headed out to see the bride. I met her at her front door, she looked good, real good. I asked her how she met her new husband and she told on a cruise in the Caribbean. She told me he had been missing for two days and was at her wits ends. I asked her if she had any recent photos of her late husband, Jack was his name. She said yes. She handed me over this photo of her and Jack. I asked how old the photo was, she said two days. Hmm, this is gonna be a tough one. I told her I'd do my best but there was no Guarantees I'd be able to solve this. I asked for the money up front.

View on Black. I see The Bride making Googly eyes at you.

Our Daily Challenge: Film Noir

No comments:

Post a Comment