Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Dream of the Bees (and a Lady Bug)

I took the challenge of "Having Fun" to heart today. Cal State Fullerton had there Green Scene Plant and Garden Show this weekend and I decided to grab my camera and go have fun. So I headed out to the Arboretum.

It was 98 degrees, there were a million people and I think I parked my car in the state of Colorado.

Sweating and five super cool plants later I decided to go take some pictures. There is a big grassy area near a pond that was perfect what I wanted to do. There were also about 100 people in the area. Every one came over and kept asking questions on why I was laying on the ground making faces at the camera, one person asked if I was ok. (He thought I had heat stroke). Turned out it took about two hours to get the shot because so many people kept coming over to see the crazy man with camera laying in the grass makin faces at a camera.

With all the shots done, I headed out. I passed a row of porta potties at the exit and thought to myself, nah, I can make the half hour drive home.

TWO MILLION people all headed to the wonderful Southern California beaches at the same time made my trip an hour and fourty five minutes long. By the time I got home, I flew out of the car, busted down the front door, stepped on two cats and ran for the bathroom.

Finally able to sit down and relax I set to processing my shot. I challenged myself today with pushing the envelope on my Photoshop skills that I learned this week. I had no clue how hard this was going to be. It took me over two hours. (Secret: The bugs don't really fly) :)

So, Did I have fun? Nah, I had a BLAST! Hope you all did too!

View on Black. Don't wreck my good day! Just do it. :)

Our Daily Challenge: Having fun

No comments:

Post a Comment