Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Shaking Hands With Hummingbirds

Via Flickr:
Yesterday morning I went outside and sat down in the warm morning sun. As I enjoyed my coffee, a hummingbird flew up to my face and hovered about 6 inches away for a few seconds and flew off. A moment later he was back, hovering right in front of me again. Crossed eyed, I stared back at it and the thing started cussing me out and then flew off again. A few moments later he was back and he brought a buddy this time. There they were, two hummingbirds, hovering a few inches from my eyes chattering like crazy. So, I did what any normal person would do, I reached up with finger and thumb, squeezed my cheeks from below the eyes to above the mouth, rolled my eyes around in circles and stuck my tongue out and went thhhhhpppptttttttttt!! They left.

I reached down to my coffee, took one sip, looked up and the next thing I know, SIX hummingbirds are coming right at me. They start zooming all around me, darting up and down and around my head. I ran towards the patio door and made it just in time as I looked out the door and saw twelve tiny beady little hummingbird eyes staring back at me through the glass. After a moment they flew back to the chair I was on and that's when I remembered I had put the Hummingbird Feeder under the chair to protect it from the high winds the night before.

So I wrote up a treaty with them that I wouldn't block there feeder if they wouldn't beat me up. We shook on it and all has been well since then.

View feeding the birds

for
Our Daily Challenge: Wings

No comments:

Post a Comment