Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Fluff And Twigs

Fluff And Twigs by hbmike2000
Fluff And Twigs, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

I found this old burnt, rusted can out in the desert. As I reached down and picked it up for a closer look, I noticed out of the corner of my eye, movement off to the left of the can and did what any calm, cool, collective person would do ... I chucked it, screamed in a high pitched voice, SPIDER and ran in the opposite direction. As I stood out in the hot desert sun, I came to the conclusion that no spider could have withstood the light speed force of which I chucked it and therefore had to have fallen off.

I slowly made my way back to the can, carefully looking on the ground for the big vicious creature that had once occupied the object I desired. Once again, I came upon the can. Confident it was gone, I picked up the old tin object and began examining it once more when movement caught my again. Like an outfielder throwing to Home Plate I chucked the can across the desert floor, screamed SPIDER and ran in the opposite direction.

Noticing the commotion, a man came over to find out what was happening. I explained I wanted the can but a giant man eating spider would not give it up. He walked over to the can laying in the sand and picked it up, I heard the words, Is This Piece Of Fluff and Twig What Your Afraid Of? He held is hand out holding the can for me to examine. Feeling stupid, I walked over to see. Sure enough, a piece of fluff and twig were what I was seeing. I reached out to take my can back when I noticed a small movement on the sleeve of the mans shirt. Of course I did what any calm, cool, collective person would do, I picked him up, chucked him, screamed in a high pitched voice, SPIDER and ran in the opposite direction

View in ... SPIDER!!!

for
Our Daily Challenge: Rust

No comments:

Post a Comment