Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

On The Ground

On The Ground by hbmike2000
On The Ground, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
I went out to the garage because I knew I would find lots of things on the ground to photograph. And I did. I found this old meat grinder laying by the garage door so I opened the door to let some sunlight in. Then I lied on the ground next to it. Then I snapped some shots. Then I opened both eyes to find another angle to shoot from. Then I saw it.

With hands waving in the air, screaming like a girl, I ran down the middle of the street. A quarter of the way down, a neighbor hollered, Dude, what's up?? Not slowing down, I hollered back, SPIDER! Next thing I know, two dudes are running down the street, hands waving in the air, screaming like girls.

Halfway down, another neighbor hollered out to us, Guys, What's wrong?? In unison, we hollered back, SPIDER!! Three guys running down the middle of the street, hands waving in the air, screaming like girls.

At the end of the street, we stood there bent over, hands on knees, out of breath. Another neighbor comes out, You all OK?? Panting for breath, we let out a tiny gasp in unison, spider!!

Thump, skidddd, Thump, skidddd, the latest neighbor traveled down the middle of the street where the spider sat. she reached down with one shaking hand, removed her granny shoe and smashed the spider. She slowly put her granny shoe back on, grabbed hold of her walker and traveled back to us. Thump, skidddd, Thump, skidddd, she pulled up to us. You boys are safe now, go on, git, shoo. I'm pretty sure she cackled a little on the way back into her house.

View with a can of raid (it was a Black Widow and it was T H I S big!)

for
Our Daily Challenge: On the Ground

No comments:

Post a Comment