Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

One If By Land

One If By Land by hbmike2000
One If By Land a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.
When I was a wee lad I heard a rapping on my front door one night. I opened the door and was confronted by a man wearing a funny hat and knickers. Mike, he says to me, we need your help. The Brittish are coming and we don't know which way they will arrive. You being in southern California, have a perfect vantage point to see them coming early.

He gave me two candles. If they came by land he said, place one candle in the dry brush ontop of the hill and if they came by sea, place two candles in the dry brush ontop of the hill.

A fortnight (I have no clue how long that is) went by and I spotted them. An army driving there Mustangs down the 101 highway.

Needless to say, being a wee lad, I was scared. Petrified. I lit the candle and chucked it out the window and it landed in my Plum tree.

Thought it looked pretty there, so I left it. Never heard back from the strange man with the funny hat and knickers but now you know why I have a candle in my Plum tree.

True story, I swear.

Click the pic to view on black. Really, do we have to go through this everytime?!?!?! :)

Our Daily Challenge: Solitude

No comments:

Post a Comment