Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Cabot's Pueblo Museum

Cabot's Pueblo Museum by hbmike2000
Cabot's Pueblo Museum, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

Cabot Yerxa build this 4 story, 5000 square foot home out of reclaimed and found objects from the surrounding desert and old abandoned homesteads. It has 35 rooms, 150 windows and 65 doors.

It's an amazing place to see and very inspiring. So much so, it inspired me to follow in his footsteps, so I set out to build my home out of found and reclaimed objects just like Cabot. I have a nice collection of doors, windows, an air conditioner, fridge, stove, hardwood flooring, throw rugs, ugly pillow (I'm throwing that one back) and a couple of beer bottles that some man laying face down in the gutter tried to convince me blew into the yard. Now all I have to do is keep my neighbors from taking all their stuff back and I can start working on my new Pueblo next week.

View on black or you'll never see your couch again

for
Sliders Sunday
HSS

1 comment: