Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Being One Of The First Is Not Always Easy

Upon hearing that the fence was down around Carthay Circle in Disney California Adventure, I knew it would get crowded and fast. I had to hatch a plan to get through the park quickly. My head spun around in circles like the Mad Hatter and my eyes fell upon a tired mother with a baby in a stroller headed in the right direction.

I approached her and asked if she needed help. She looked at me and her eyes lit up with joy. I offered to push the stroller for her, she smiled thankfully.

I shuffled my rubber soled shoes, zig zagging like a stock car, across the pavement to heat them up for better traction. I announced our destination to make sure we were going to the same place and as soon as I heard the affirmation I was off.

The baby buggy wheels screeched as smoke flew from the back and we were off! At first I darted back and forth between pedestrians but that was taking to long so I just made a bee line straight for my destination, mowing down people as I went! I glanced back at the sea of Guests all lying on the ground holding there ankles yelling 'Owey' and when I faced back around I found I was joined by another Baby Buggy speeding through the park.

Our eyes locked, I glared, he growled. I stepped it up, taking the Baby Buggy to its limits, so did he. Neck and neck we pushed, sweat pouring off in the hot sun.

I saw my chance to beat him coming up, a corner and I was on the inside. Just as we came to the ninety degree turn, I swerved towards him, the wheels of my borrowed buggy crashed into the wheels of the other buggy and I sent him flying straight over the side of the dead end of the road. I heard a big boom and smoke rose into the air where he went down

I hit the corner around 85mph, two wheels coming off the ground as I banked sharply to the left. I was sure it was going over but then it miraculously came down on all four again just as I saw my destination.

We skidded sideways to a stop right in front of the newly opened fountain. Head down, breathing heavy, drenched in sweat, I began to raise my head to view the majestic site when my body gave out and I crashed to the ground unable to move from shear exhaustion. With what little remaining strength I had, I raised my camera blindly above my head and pushed the shutter button once. The last thing I remember before passing out was a mom telling her kids to stand on the bump in the road for a better view and six sets of feet standing on me.

View on Black Or I'll use you to get the dents out of the baby buggy

HFF

-------------------------------------------------------
For some more really cool shot of Carthay Circle and Carthay Theater, check out the links

My Favorite
disneypinhunters.tumblr.com/post/24152076094/carthay-circ...

The fountain and the theater
disneypinhunters.tumblr.com/post/24148042387/carthay-circ...

The fountain and the theater 2
disneypinhunters.tumblr.com/post/24144219993/carthay-circ...

No comments:

Post a Comment