Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Marceline & Me

Marceline & Me by hbmike2000
Marceline & Me, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

Sir ...
Sir ...

I looked up from the glass counter and saw a pair of eyes looking in my direction. My head swiveled in all directions and saw no one else. Was she talking to me?

Don't call me Sir, it makes me feel old Mam, I said

Is there anything I can help you with and please don't call me Mam, makes me feel like my Grandma, Sir.

My eyes squinted just a little and I didn't drop my gaze from hers. I will have one of everything, Mam.

The corners of her mouth dropped to a straight line, her eyes unblinking. Don't you think thats a little TOO much sugar for you, SIR.

I leaned across the glass counter towards here, my hands leaving smudge marks on the glass. My eyebrows down low, I stared at her. No MAM, I do not think it's too much sugar for me.

She leaned across the opposite side of the glass counter, her face inches from mine, her eyes beady little slits. I could smell her breath, sweet with Mickey Candy on it. SIR, would you like that to go or are you gonna eat it all now.

MAM, I growled, I am gonna eat it all here!

I gave her my card, she sneered at me. Here you go SIR!

I grabbed my goodies and headed out the store.

Bye Marceline I said, see you next week.

See you later Sweety she replied.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View on black or I will come visit you after I eat ALL this sugar.

Our Daily Challenge: Starts With M

No comments:

Post a Comment