Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Heart Of Disneyland

The Heart Of Disneyland by hbmike2000
The Heart Of Disneyland, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

I KNEW it!!! I heard rumors about the Heart of Disneyland but I never believed it until one afternoon ... I saw it. It was at the center of Main Street USA. I screamed with giddy glee, bounced up and down and ran over to it. I knelt beside the beautiful heart, closed my eyes, took a deep breath and whispered, I Love You. I opened my eyes and staring back at me, mooning, was 102 year old lady with a Walker. My jaw hit the ground and as I was about to explain, she pushed her walker to the ground, it's little tennis balled feet shooting skyward and she yelled OOOHHHHHH BAAAAAAAABY!!!

I ran. I ran straight down Main Street ducking and dodging and twisting my way through the crowd. She was right behind me, hot on my heels. I was beamed in the back of the head by a dirty tennis ball. I glanced back. HONEYYYY PIEEEEEE, COME TO MAMA! I screamed, high pitched and headed through Sleeping Beauty's Castle. I hopped on King Arthur's Merry-Go-Round, she hopped on right behind and we did a slow speed chase that felt like we were going in circles. I jumped off, tucked, rolled and ran. So did she. I hurdled a stroller with a crying baby in it and headed towards Toontown. With no exits but the one I came in, she trapped me, cornered me, grabbed me in both arms and swooned me, bent over backwards in her arms, she bent over right above me. I saw her lips pucker as she drew closer, her eyes blinked twice as I was about to cry. Halfway there, the 102 year old lady stopped, hesitated, squinted her eyes at me as if trying to see clearly. SUGAR PLUM, she says, I forgot my glasses at home. Just how old are you? I replied 45 years Mam. She dropped me to the ground, flat on my back and there I layed stunned, staring at the sun. I could hear her say as she walked out of my life and headed towards the exit, Way too old for me.

View on black or I'll give the 102 year old YOUR address

Our Daily Topic

No comments:

Post a Comment