Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

On The Inside Looking Out

Tired, worn down, beat, we decided to ride the train around Disneyland. We climbed the stairs of the Main Street station, our knuckles dragging the ground. At the top of the platform, I rolled to the ground, arms spread out, gasping for breath. From the ground next to me, I heard the words 'Want to see if we can ride behind the conductor?' I looked up to the long line in front of us and replied it wont be easy but I was game.

Slowly we got up and approached the end of the line. 'Mom?' I called out, 'Mom??' Not looking at anyone, we made it past the first few people, calling out for our Mom. A few feet further into the line we started getting stares from the other people. Not good stares either. 'MOM?', I called out louder, 'you still alive up there?' but the MOM thing wasn't working anymore. Whispers and glances started to surround us and they were getting louder.

Halfway through the line, I could see the front but the crowd started closing in on us. There was only one thing to do. We threw our hands in the air and with a holler made a run for the front. As we tackled our way passed the first person in line, we collapsed onto the ground once again, a man in a conductor uniform stood above us. I looked back to the line. Bags, goodies, people, children and one old lady lay scattered across the Station platform as a balloon made its escape towards the sky. The conductor looked at me then looked at the old lady laying next to her walker then back at me again. "Can we ride on the back of the Engine?" I asked gleefully.

And this is where I landed when he chucked us off the train platform.

View on black or I'll bowl you over

HCS

No comments:

Post a Comment