Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Carburetor County Pin Trading Association

Deep in the heart of Radiator Springs lies the deep dark not so secret society of Pin Traders. Trying to collect pins to finish their sets or get there favorite characters or themes. This was my destinatation.

I walked up the busy street listening to the sounds of the little town, my lanyard full of manly man pins hanging from my neck. A tiny voice squeeked up from below me, 'Excuse me sir, are you trading?' I looked down, a little girls eyes pleaded with me. I told her yes and she pointed to the one she wanted. I reached up to my lanyard and unsnapped the Lightning McQueen pin and handed it over to her. She reached up and handed me a Cinderella Pin. I continued on my way to the Carburetor County Pin Trading Association.

Soon enough, another tiny voice came from below inquiring about pin trading. A small girl no older than five wanted my Lion King Simba pin. I nodded affirmative and handed it over. With her tiny fist closed, she reached up and as she unclasped her hands asked, 'is this pin ok for trade?' I said yes and took the Sleeping Beauty Pin.

Further on I was stopped. More little girls wanting to trade. I gave up Genie and Aladdin for Princess Jasmine and Belle. There was no stopping, they just kept coming. Jack Skellington left as Snow White was aquired. They were all going. Stitch, Mickey, Tarzan and Buzz Lightyear all traded for Ariel, Rapunzel, Princess Tiana and Tinker Bell. Finally it stops and I am able to make it the rest of the way to my destination.

I stood outside the door, head hanging low, my other half behind me asking if I was going in. I can't, I mumbled. I hear the words, 'For crying out loud, we come all this ...' I spin around facing them, my lanyard full of manly man pins gone, replaced by one with nothing but princessess and Tinker Bell. 'I am NOT going in with this lanyard I exclaim!', as they push me through the door and to my death by humiliation.

View on black or I'LL kick you on Route 66

HSS

No comments:

Post a Comment