Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Tell Tale Heart

The Tell Tale Heart by hbmike2000
The Tell Tale Heart, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

The floor boards creaked loudly against the quite still air of the basement. The only light coming from the door above me cast vicious shadows of monsters and demons in every corner and dark crevice. I crept slowly further in.

Thump-thump. Startled, I let out an unctrolled soft cry. Something was down here with me, I felt it. Thump-thump. A drop of sweat ran down my forehead as my heart raced faster. THUMP-thump. I jumped as the sound came from behind me. From behind the wall. THUMP-THUMP! A light appeared between the cracks of the block. My eyes wide open, unblinking stared at the spot, hypnotized. THUMP-THUMP! It was all I could take. I threw my hands up in the air, screamed like crazy person and ran up the stairs and out of the house.

It wasn't until about a mile from my house, still running, that I realized I hired the cheapest contractor in the area to put up a wall in my basement and the dork walled himself in.

View on black or I'll stand behind your wall making heart beat sounds

Our Daily Challenge: Natural Framing

No comments:

Post a Comment