Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Unexpected

The Unexpected by hbmike2000
The Unexpected, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

My favorite things are the unexpected things that seem to pop up out of nowhere. The surprise that makes you laugh, giggle or just drops your jaw to the dirty ground. The moment in the mundane that makes you stop and and say 'Wow'.

While running down the path of Critter Country, waving my arms in the air as I yelled 'AAAAHHHHHHHH' (it means I have to find a bathroom quick) I tripped over a shoe lace that I am still not convinced of was mine. On the way down, I thought to myself, I hope I hit that nice soft patch of grass. Upon hitting the fence next to the patch of soft grass I noticed it looked like I was standing in clouds as my feet went over my head and I crashed to the cement on the level below. Rubbing the lump on the bald spot at the top of my head, I looked around. What luck, I landed right near a restroom. Through the door I went where I found a man in wet underwear drying his shorts at the hand dryer. I admit it, I laughed a little because I knew somebody dragged him on Splash Mountain and he was the poor sap that got wet on the cold night. As I washed my hands he began explaining what had happened. I stared at the ceiling. He explained that his girlfriend who forced him (uh huh) on the ride was right next door in her wet underwear drying her shorts off with hand dryer. I stared at the ceiling. With my lovely view of the roof, I exited the restroom. Before I could look down, I tripped on a shoe lace that I'm pretty sure wasn't mine. As gravity asserted itself upon me, I thought to myself, I hope I land on the stroller full of blankets. And I did. And it shot out like a rocket across the great plains of tables and chairs, dividing them like the Red Sea. I crashed landed in a place that felt a million miles away. I got up, brushed some cold fries off of me and as my eyes began there slow movement upwards, I found exactly what I was looking for. A quiet, deserted spot in Disneyland. With the mad assault of the Disneyland crowds, one of my favorite sights of all is the one spot you find to yourself for just a few minutes to just breath.

So yes, my favorite things are the unexpected things that seem to pop up out of nowhere. The surprise that makes you laugh, giggle or just stare at the dirty ceiling. The moment in the mundane that makes you stop and say 'What the heck was that?' or just the moment when you can stop out of busy day and just breath.

View on black or I'll untie your shoe laces

Our Daily Challenges: A favorite Sight

------------------------------------------------------

To see another shot of my favorite quiet place that Mark Twain just HAD to jump in and wreck

disneypinhunters.tumblr.com/post/22259303480/one-if-by-se...

No comments:

Post a Comment