Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Sunrise, Clouds And Three Cats

Via Flickr:
In the blackness of early morning I awake and roll out of bed quietly. In the darkness I hear movement as something fuzzy brushes across my ankle silently. I grab my cell phone, press a button and shine the light down towards my feet to see where I'm walking, the sound of pitter patter echos all around me and heads off down the hall and I follow, shuffling slowly behind. I head towards the kitchen to make coffee and find the light above the stove illuminating the backsides of three cats standing patiently at the blinds for me to open them. I pull the cord slowly and the slats slide halfway across the big plane of glass leaving room for all three to see out to the nothingness and an empty space next to them that awaits for me. I make coffee, pour, stir in the sugar and cream and take a sip. I turn out the light, then head over to the empty spot next to the three cats at the window. Silently we stare, looking at nothing as the minutes tick by without a sound. Then it happens. Shadows begin to appear as the darkness begins to fade and the sunlight crests the mountains in the East and lights up the sky and clouds in the West. Light slides down the side of the majestic mountain and flows out across the desert floor and brings a beautiful morning with it.

View with Oohhhhh's & Aahhhh's

for
Cliche Saturday
HCS

No comments:

Post a Comment