Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

With One Delicate, Gnarled, Hairy Little Hand

Via Flickr:
A long time ago, in a Galaxy Far Far Away ... Huh, wrong story? Sorry, Anyway, a very long time ago, I was in a Second Hand store standing at a table full of stuff. As I stood there, flinging things to the left and to the right, digging through the table, I was politely asked to leave by a seven foot tall man wearing a Cat in the Hat costume and several of the things I had just flung. Pretending not to have heard, I proceeded with the flinging. With one delicate, gnarled, hairy little hand, he reached out and grabbed the back of my collar and flung me towards the front door. As I flew head over heels past the front counter, my eye caught glimpse of a small ceramic Halloween candle holder. It was old, chipped, peeling and scratched but I wanted it. Still in the air and not quite to my destination of the front door, I yelled back, How much for the ugly thing? He glared at me through half the stores contents that was draped or stuck to him that I had flung. Not you, I yelled back as I quickly approached the door still in the air, the OTHER ugly thing behind the counter. And that's when his 5'2" wife popped up from behind the counter, took out her teeth and Yelled Five Dollas! That's when I hit the door which apparently swings in cause it didn't budge.

Eventually I payed some strange man lurking around the windows of the shop outside five dollas ... er Dollars to go in and purchase it for me. It took him over TWENTY minutes to buy it and when he finally came out, he needed another five bucks.

View flinging things over your shoulder

for
Our Daily Challenge: Delicate

No comments:

Post a Comment