Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Through The Door

Through The Door by hbmike2000
Through The Door, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
Down a dirt road just on the side of town is an abandoned place of I don't know. The sun was setting and the shadows grew longer by the minute as we abandoned the car to walk about. A building stood crumbling in front of me. I traveled along the side of it and down a steep hill to the other side and as I came around the dark side of the forgotten structure I saw a small figure standing in the remains of the doorway. I stopped, hesitating to go forward, scared.

Was it real?

I took a step forward and a small breeze blew past me, the figure moved ever so slightly. I tried to holler out but my voice left me as nothing but air escaped my lips. Motionless once again, it faced away from me, it's hooded robe covering it's body.

It had to be real.

My heart pounding, I began to sweat as I braved another step forward. Closer and closer I got as my heart raced faster. I reached a hand out towards it's shoulder, my fingers brushing the old stiff dirty robe it wore. Please don't be real. It turned, slowly revealing what I feared would be the Reaper come to get me. My eyes widened as the glance of a bony smile began to reveal itself and the apparition continued to turn towards me. In my head the scream was deafening but my ears heard only a whisper. It faced me grinning, a twinkle where an eye should be and one bony hand reached out towards my shoulder.

It was real!

View on a dark and stormy night

No comments:

Post a Comment