Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

In The Dark Of Halloween Day

Via Flickr:
I heard a rapping on my door and a tiny voice call out, Trick or Treat. With candy in hand, the door swung open and upon my horror stood a skeleton. I screamed, chucked a Snickers at its skull, slammed the door shut and hid under the bed.

Rap rap rap went the door once more followed by another tiny voice, Trick or Treat. Slowly I climbed out from under the bed, grabbed the candy and went to warn the little Trick or Treaters about the terror running loose in the streets. The door swung open and again stood a skeleton grinning at me. As I screamed louder than before, I chucked a Baby Ruth at it's skull, slammed the door and hid in the closet.

Rap rap rap went my heart as it beat faster to the sound of another knock and call, Trick or Treat. I stood quiet in the dark of the closet hoping the evil creature would leave. The knock came again and another tiny voice called out, We know your in the closet. I yelled back, I've been out of the closet for years, as my hand flew up to silence my mouth. It was too late, it knew I was here and I had to answer the call. I left the closet and crept to the door with candy in hand. The door slowly swung open to reveal a skeleton standing with it's toothy smile. I chucked a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup at it's head, screamed and slammed the door shut yet again and hid in the bathroom.

Rap rap rap of the never ending knock and a call of Trick or Treat. Flush went the toilet as I called back in a shaky voice, I'm in the bathroom! Silence, even the crickets held there breath. Did it work, has it left, can I breath once again. Then it came back so subtle and low but I heard it never the less, the tiny voice of the thing that had yelled Trick or Treat had just whispered I'll wait, as I wept. I crept to the door with candy in hand and slowly peeked through the crack. There stood the skeleton with one bony hand stretched out yet again. I chucked the whole bowl of candy at it, flung my hands in the air and screamed as I ran passed it and down the street in terror.

And that my friends is what you tell the person in your house what really happened when they ask you, Where did all the Halloween candy go that I bought? Just don't hold your stomach groaning a lot when your telling it.

View while ... Rap rap rap ... Excuse me. There's someone at my door.

for
Cliche Saturday
HCS

No comments:

Post a Comment