Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep by hbmike2000
Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
I wander through these clouds of dark with my hands in front of me as I search for a ray of light. With every step I take, the darkness gets colder but my hopes of finding it one day keeps me warm. I stumble and fall into the dirt below me and stand myself back up as my tears run rivers through the mud. I will find that elusive ray of light I know exists, I feel it in my tired bones. One day my hand will break free into a warm, sunny day and be able to pull me out in to the sunshine I long for. So yes, I lay me down to sleep and give these weary bones a rest. But my soul is mine, it's not to take, it's journey not yet done. Tomorrow will come and once again I will awake to search for the light I know exists.

for
SlidersSunday
HSS

No comments:

Post a Comment