Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Did Confucius Go On Vacation?

The whole point of Chinese food (as yummy as it is) is to finish off the meal with a fortune cookie. As the last bite of Kung Pao Chicken reaches your lips, you eye the crescent moon cookie in the cheap plastic wrap, giddy with anticipation to find out what your fortune will be. "You will come across good fortune in a week", "A change for the better is on it's way" or "Your hair will grow back this year" (although, had I known it meant in my ears, I would of tossed that one). "Reward yourself with a Gift" is NOT a fortune! It's a statement. I feel totally ripped off. Did Confucius go on vacation? Has Walmart taken over the fortune cookie business? Fine. My gift to me is to smash this stale cookie with a waste of a good fortune inside and leave a trail of proverbial bread crumbs to the back door of this "I'm to cheap to afford real fortune cookies" chinese resteraunt for all the bugs to follow. Bon Appetite

View in Fortune Vision (Confucius said so)

for
Our Daily Challenge: Words

No comments:

Post a Comment