Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Indians And Smores

Indians And Smores by hbmike2000
Indians And Smores, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

As we travelled down the mighty Mississippi river my stomache growled from lack of food. It had been three days since we ate last. I could feel the mood become restless on the ship as we drifted down stream seemingly on a track going in circles. We took turns scouting the banks for food. One day as I was taking my turn as look out, I spotted some Native Americans on the shores of the flowing river cooking on an open pit. The smoke drifted across the water and met the ship. I inhaled deeply and started salivating instantly. Smores, I yelled! They got Smores! All the passengers ran to the side of the mighty steam ship, salivating. With everyone one on side of the ship salivating, the river rose and the boat tipped and into the dirty duck poop filled river we all went! Amazing how not hungry we all were after that. The indians just smiled and took out their Polaroid cameras and snapped shots of us flailing around.

View on black or no Smores for you

No comments:

Post a Comment