Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Donkey

The Donkey by hbmike2000
The Donkey, a photo by hbmike2000 on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
Every time I see one of these creatures, either real or fake, I am reminded of an argument I had with a friend once.

He called me over to help paint the Nativity scene he had. He reached his hand out and said, Here, You paint the donkey. I politely took it from him and said, No problem, I'll paint your Ass for you. He glanced over at me, eyes above the rim of his glasses and corrected me, It's a Donkey, he says. I glance up and met his eyes defiantly and very politely say back, It's an ASS.

Donkey
Ass
Donkey
Ass

This went on for a minute or two when he reaches out and snaps the fake creature from my hand. FINE, Give me back my Ass and you paint Baby Jesus. Fine I say and I take Baby Jesus from him and began painting. When I finished, I held up little Baby Jesus and said, Done! He looked up and his Jaw Dropped to the ground speechless. Good, I say, Huh?

I had painted Baby Jesus going through his 'Goth' phase. He never asked me to paint again. (Don't look at me that way, I was 19 at the time)

View with a paint brush in one hand.

for
Our Daily Challenge: Tranquility
Not how I meant for it to come out. We went to the Joshua Tree Southern Railroad Museum this morning and it was most excellent. A Gentleman named Terry drove out there and met us to let us in and gave a tour of the place. I think what makes it stand out to me is you can FEEL the love of trains here from the people that built and are building it.

I was tranquil all day afterwards until I went to post the photo and was reminded of the lovely scene I just reiterated to you about the donkey. Now I have the giggles.

PS. Btw, I am right, it's an Ass. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment