Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Skull Rock

Skull Rock


With a slow drive on a quick trip through Joshua Tree National Park, my eye glanced upon a rock on the side of the road. STOP, I yelled. The driver slammed on the breaks, head spinning in all directions thinking he hit a bunny or some other small animal. I calmed him down and told him he didn't hit anything but I just saw heaven on the side of the road and it called to me. I flew out of the car, ran back a hundred yards or so, and through the bushes I caught a glimpse of a miracle. Quickly, I ran around the bushes to the trail and there it was, Skull Rock. I did what any Pirate would do, screamed like a girl and fainted in the dirt.

A few minutes later I was awaken by a kick from the now annoyed driver. He looks down on me and pleads, "Can we go now, people are staring" I stand up, brush the dirt off me, hold my head up high and walk over to Skull Rock and give it a big hug. I'll be back, I whisper into the whole where an ear should be. And with my head still high and the driver's head hung low, we walked back to the car.

View on black or I'll have my new friend, Skull Rock, throw pieces of him at you.

for
Cliché Saturday
HCS

1 comment:

  1. This iѕ reallу intеreѕting,
    You're a very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your fantastic post. Also, I'vе shаrеd yοuг
    webѕite in my sociаl networks!

    my ѕite :: roofing company moore

    ReplyDelete