Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

In Memory

Thursday night we got a call that my Father in Law Roger, who has been very ill, woke up and said he was going to die tonight. We arrived out there around 1 am and had a good visit with him for a little while before he fell asleep.

Friday when hospice arrived at 12:30 they found him dead, we had just been in there 5 minutes prior and he was breathing. I do not know how he knew or why my mother in law Yvonne knew to believe him and call us but I am very glad she did. We were there and she didn't have to go through this alone and we got to do what most people wish they could, we got to say good bye.

Saturday as I sat on the patio eating an english muffin, I took in the view that Roger took in every day as he sat in the same seat.





I watched the ducks and birds he loved so much play around down below. Every week we'd go out there and every week the first thing he would ask me "did you feed the birds?" The bird feeder is in an odd place and his wife could not get to it to refill it.




Everytime I see birds at a bird feeder or ducks floating across a quiet lake I will think of you Roger
Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.7

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Mike. My sincere condolences go to both of you and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah. Its been a difficult two months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking at the photos you took with your retro cam app which i love (such a cool app. However I also read what happened in your family. I don't know you at all but I understand your pain and wish you, your mother in law and ofcourse your wife all the best in these difficult days. I am glad you got to say goodbye. And I fully understand why u sat down in his chair an took in his view... Spoken like a true photographer. Take care!
    Bvzelst@live.nl, Netherlands

    ReplyDelete